Friday, October 24, 2008

Today

Some mornings when I wake up I feel a little worried. There's always something to be concerned over. I stop myself by saying, "This is the day the Lord hath made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!" This changes my perspective. When I drop Johnny off at school I'll sometimes say, "This is the only (fill in date here) you'll ever have - make it great!"
Every day is a gift - each brings opportunities. I feel bad when I fritter away the moments with worrying about things that will probably never happen when just outside my window birds are singing and the sky is blue.

As far as I know this is our only shot at earth life - it's so exciting! I love today!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Lanette, thank you so much. I felt like when I read this you were talking directly to me! This post is exactly what I needed today and yesterday and the day before. I am so glad I will have it tomorrow! I have linked to this post on my blog so others can receive strength from the wonderful uplifting person that you are. I love you, dear sister!

Connie said...

Thanks for the booster shot of JOY, Lanette! I so appreciate it and needed it badly. Today is THE day!!! Love it! And you... :)