Sunday, November 23, 2008

A great but obscure publication

When I was teaching seminary I found out about "The Religious Educator". This is a publication printed 3 times a year. It contains the writings of gospel scholars on various topics related to teaching the gospel. Even though I'm not teaching anymore I love to read the articles. If you want to subscribe, here's the website: tre.byu.edu
Here is a great quote from the cover article by Elder F. Enzio Busche, "I have learned that the Master Teacher is always trying to move us to open our eyes to see Him standing at the front of our lives, trying to communicate with us....Jesus has deep respect for our agency. He does not push us to open our eyes, but He knocks and waits patiently. It is our responsibility to understand that our life is built on our own decisions and that we basically have one choice: either to live in fear or to live under the influence of divine love."
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Sounds good, I ordered it!