Monday, September 22, 2008

Apple Brown Betty Part 1

Sunday is treat day. One of my favorite treats when the air gets crisp and the leaves start to fall is Apple Brown Betty. Disclaimer: This is not a Weight Watcher recipe. This is my moms recipe and it is easy and delicious. This is our sad little granny smith apple tree. It was so heavy with apples that some branches snapped off and others bent the trunk. I hope we can stake it up and save it.
I picked about 10 apples from the tree - of course you can buy some if you don't have a tree. Don't they look great with some leaves still attached?
I like to use this slicer/corer and then peel and slice the apples. I have one of those handy peeler, slicer, corer contraptions but I didn't want to drag it out.
Put the apples in a baking dish - as many as you like, sliced however you like them. Mix 3/4 cup sugar with 1 tsp. cinnamon and toss with the apples until all apples are coated, sugar will start to melt.
Posted by PicasaFor some reason Picasa will only download 4 pictures at a time so stay tuned for part 2!

No comments: