Monday, July 6, 2009

Bike across California

The teachers and priest quorum took a little bike ride across CA.
From the Nevada border to the ocean at Bodega Bay. It was a week of worry for me and a week of growth for Johnny. His fabulous priesthood leaders took the time and energy to make it a wonderful (and safe-that's what they told me!) experience.
He rode his bike the entire time - never taking a ride in the sag wagon. I'm amazed at what my boys can do.
He's happy to join Matt and Steven with bragging rights for riding 250+ miles on a bicycle.
Success! Letting my baby boys go and grow into men may be the hardest part of mothering and it doesn't appear to be easier the 5th time around...but watching boys grow into men may be the best part of mothering.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

MARE + 3= CRAZY!!! said...

What a crazy adventure. It sounds like they all had a blast & everyone came home safely. Good news all around!!