Thursday, July 31, 2008

Tangled necklaces

Do you have projects that you've been meaning to do forever? I've never had a good way to organize my necklaces. A few months ago Dave bought some tie organizers from Home Depot and I thought - "Hey that would be a great necklace hanger thingy." It's been sitting on the counter in our bathroom for way too long, so today I decided to put it up and untangle my necklaces.
It took me all of 5 seconds to anchor the screws to the wall and only a few minutes to put the necklaces in their new appointed places. I'm so happy and feel so organized. Why do I put off doing things that are so easy and make me so happy? I don't know, but I'm going to tackle more and more of these projects in coming days. Won't it be fun to see them in the blog? It's very motivational to have family coming to town for the wedding in 3 weeks....
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

CA Poppy said...

It looks great Lannette! How's the eggplant dress hunt going?

Sarah Most said...

This is Liz's sister. I had to steal your idea with the necklaces because mine were all tangled too. When I was out at school, I would just stick thumb tacks in the wall and hang them that way. Now that I own my house and am out ofan old college apartment, I didn't think that the thumb tacks would look as good. Thanks for the great idea!

MARE + 3= CRAZY!!! said...

DUDE SUPER GOOD IDEA... TIE HOLDERS, who would have thought NICE JOB! It does feel super good to complete a project, especially one that has a visually pleasing affect. I wish it was easy to just jump in & get it done... I always totally procrastinate... I know you know that... one day I will get it together with all my issues... :):)