Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mom's Day!

On Mother's day my thoughts go to the wonderful mothers in my life. My mother's mother, Grandma Foster. My dearest little girl memory of her is walking hand in hand to the little corner grocery store where she bought me a lovely ring with a beautiful jewel in it. She let me choose it from the assortment tucked into slits in the green foam.

I miss you grandma...
My own mother was an amazing woman. My sweetest childhood memories are of coloring with her and sitting by her on the couch watching her sew barbie doll clothes by hand. My funnest memory is her telling me to be careful as I crossed the street...when I was 40 years old. A mother never stops worrying about her babies.

This Mother's Day my mind also goes forward to the future mothers of my future grandchildren.
I can't express how thankful I am for this beautiful young woman who loves my Jimmy. She is a joy! She will be a fabulous mother.
In a few months Cate will join the family officially though it already feels like she belongs to us.

What have I learned from these four fabulous women? That the little things make all the difference. Earth life is short, but long enough to make a million little moments full of love. We belong to each other and I am blessed above measure. Happy Mother's day.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cathy said...

no pressure on the daughter-in-laws!! :) hee hee.

You're one of the best Moms I know. Thanks for your great example.