Monday, February 11, 2008

Everything is broken....

The heater is broken...honestly just when I think one more thing can't break it does! The guy came to fix it and of course it can't be fixed, it must be replaced - the air conditioner broke at the end of the summer so we put off fixing it until we can't stand the heat but now it looks like replacing the whole thing is the way to go. Heck $10,000 no big deal!

Unless of course you consider that the tree broke and needs to be removed and the oven goes out regularly (you have to turn off the circuit breaker so it resets). The refrigerator is on it's last leg, the couch is broken - the carpet is disgusting, the lawnmower is dead. We have big plumbing issues and there are plants growing in the rain gutters. Honestly we are the Beverly Hillbillies!

I'm writing this so you, dear reader will look around and be happy that your heater and appliances are in good working order. I will now make a list of the things that are working to count my blessings in the hopes that it won't jinx me and I'll have to add something to the not working - needing repair list.

Things that are working just fine (at the moment) - dishwasher, garbage disposal, washing machine, dryer, waterbed, boys shower (I forgot to mention that our's isn't working), vacuum (see ealier post to qualify that it's "working"), all 3 cars and everyone is healthy so what more could I ask for except maybe the millenium - wait - please tell me there's a scripture about things not breaking for 1,000 years....

3 comments:

Cathy said...

You actually still own a waterbed??? That's awesome!! Way to be positive! My best advice on the appliances - check out places like Fry's Electronics. Sometimes they have a few of the "last years'" appliances at great close out prices!! I got a $900 clothes dryer for $400 in the fall!!

Smile smile smile

Bonnie said...

Lanette, I feel your pain. We just had to buy a dryer, our huge trees need trimming (we are talking thousand here or move) We need a new kitchen and bathroom and all new windows and a new heater and A/C.

Let's pray for the 2nd coming and pray everything has an unlimited warranty!

D and C said...

You seriously crack me up!!! I love that NO MATTER what I tell you is WRONG, you always remind me to see the RIGHT!! YOu are amazing in that department...LOVE YA!