Monday, May 4, 2009

My Life

A friend of mine does this great "simple woman's daybook" entry each Monday. It's such a great idea - just a snapshot of real life. I was thinking how wonderful it would be to have a weekly note from my mother or grandmothers. Just a normal everyday account of how things are going. I've never been great at journals but the blogging thing is going well so I'm going to follow Bonnie's (http://bonsblogbydesign.blogspot.com/) (I knew how to do the hyperlink thing once but I forget...) lead and post weekly about "my life".

Outside - It's cloudy and chilly with a breeze is blowing the trees.

From the kitchen - I just realized that I left the rice cooker plugged in and on the "warm" setting all night. We were going to cook some rice for dinner yesterday but had enough frozen so we microwaved instead. This is why cleaning up the kitchen before bed is a really good idea.

I'm thinking - about the importance of thoughts. That's the topic for my WW meeting tonight. I learned some really interesting things at Daves business retreat Saturday and can't wait to share them.

From the reading room - I was reading in Psalms this morning - 139:1,2 O Lord, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off."

I'm thankful for - A Father in Heaven who knows me.

I'm wondering - when the babies will arrive.

I'm wearing - my grey capri running pants and black sweatshirt and running shoes.

I'm hoping - I will be in the shower soon since it's 1:47...

I'm praying - That Liz will be able to withstand the stress of carrying and birthing babies...I know she will.

Around the house - It's quiet and there are many projects to do.

I have been procrastinating - Finishing quilting projects - they're on my mind...they've waited too long.

My favorite things - Snapdragons - there are yellow ones coming up in the front planter. They always remind me of my grandma Reece who made them talk to me when I was a little girl. I can't wait to show Holly and J.D. If you don't know how, just ask me and I'll show you. Every grandma should be able to make snapdragons talk.

A few plans for the week - HFPE on Wednesday - always fun to get together with sisterfriends. Waiting for babies. Hoping to inspire WW members. Paint the family room.

A picture of the delicious lunch we had at Daves retreat - so healthy and delicious! (the picture...a little fuzzy)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Janelle said...

I love this Simple Woman's daybook. A lot of my friends do it and it always has a peaceful feel.

I love talking snapdragons too.

Bonnie said...

Awesome, Lanette! You did a great job and wasn't it fun? I think we should all do these. Did you know I had a grandma Reese too. Reese is my mother's maiden name. You know that the Reeces from Wales changed the spelling a lot when they came over. We should compare genealogy!

Well I got you bet on the shower but m clean sheets are still sitting on my bed...undone. Life is jsut too short to do everything you want and have to do...I am leaning more and more towards the want to dos now.