Saturday, January 10, 2009

Guns

As you know we have 5 sons. I have always refused to let them have guns. I'm not sure why I'm so against toy guns but the fight factor was just too high with boys shooting each other and crying etc. For years it worked out really well until Johnny. He's the last boy and face it - we're tired.... It started with nerf guns - now there are lots of them. I have to endure the older boys chiding that they never got to have guns.... Johnny has been begging for an airsoft gun. I said, "No, no and no". Dave bought him one....
This is the gun and airsoft pellets...I'm not happy but Dave....
The picture speaks for itself. I think I've been overruled in the gun department.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Connie said...

It's amazing, totally amazing, what happens to the youngest ones...My children have actually said, 'Where is my mother and what have you done with her?' because things have changed so dramatically. We never (NEVER) let our older kids miss school unless they were nigh unto death, and yet Shauna got to attend Kevin's North Coast Wrestling tournament, and is going to fly to Utah after Shelli's baby is born... missing several days of school. Oops. At least you made it much longer than I did with the no-guns rule. I come from a long line of hunters, so I'm blaming it on that. :) Besides all that, Johnny is a delightful young man who cannot be ruined, so you can rest assured that he will be yet another wonderful Hopkins boy just like all the rest! I totally LOVE that picture of Dave, by the way. Hilarious!!!!!!! :)

Bonnie said...

We were the same and we never let Chris have one and so he made his own. I guess that was the beginning of his mechanical engineering pursuits. We also never let Barbies into the girls' collection of toys and guess what?? There are no Barbies at Jen's house either.

I agree with Connie though. Johnny cannot be ruined. You lucked out, girlfriend, with five great boys! And that is not to say that you haven't been giving 110% for all these years to make it happen. Dave is hilarious with his warrior pose. The boys really never grow up completely. Well, maybe President Hinckley did.